Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How to make lotion bars at home


Moisturizing Lotion Bars
You're gonna love me for this recipe. These are my absolute favorite for the winter months and they are super easy to make.

4 ounces mango or shea butter
4 ounces beeswax
5 ounces liquid oil (jojoba or grapeseed are both excellent choices)
2 teaspoons of essential oil or fragrance oil

For those of you who have tried lotion bars before and made them with cocoa butter you know that it can have a strange smell. Well you are in luck as this lotion bar does not use cocoa butter so you can use any fragrance or essential oil that your heart desires and not have a chocolate over smell.

INSTRUCTIONS:


Melt the beeswax in a separate container and the butter/oil in another container. Add together, mix well, stir in any fragrance oil or essential oil you like. Then pour into containers, tupperware or rubbermaid works fine. Mixture will harden in approximately 1-2 hours. The cooler the mixture is upon pouring it, the less 'pocks' you'll get in the bars.

Enjoy!!


Bookmark and Share

  • DeShawnMarie.com


  • Free Shipping on orders $34+

    13 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Very cool tutorial! I like popping mine in the freezer and use them in the summer for a chilling effect!!!

    Beth Howard said...

    I might have to try that... it sounds pretty awesome!

    Amy Nicole said...

    Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it out!

    Gemorama said...

    I LOVE mosturizing soaps! Especially in the winter....I leave one by the bathroom and kitchen sink and it sure does help! My hubby(a truckdriver..lol) loves them too!Keeps his hands from cracking. But he'd never admit it!
    Thanks for the recipe!

    tropicalmalibu said...

    It sounds lovely, i love things like this.

    I just came back from holiday and there was a shop which use to sell hand made soaps, there were many of them. All of them usefull of health problems such as dry skin, or hair, spots, stress, sleeping problems many more. This recipe reminded me of them. I will add the photos of them to my blog soon.

    Thanks for sharing, Take care...

    DeShawn Marie said...

    Happy you all are enjoying this. I've always been such a fan of natural skin care and making things at home. The older I get the more I realize how it has helped me over the years. I'm happy to share my experiences with others and hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

    Juli said...

    I might just try this with my daughter...she'll be much better at it than I am. I'll need her as back-up!

    Thanks for posting...very cool!

    DeShawn Marie said...

    Oh kids love to do this kind of stuff. Have fun!!

    Anonymous said...

    I am so going to have to make this! it sounds wonderful!

    CARI SCHNABEL

    Brett Widmann said...

    thanks for sharing!

    Emily @ RemarkableHome said...

    Do you use this in the shower? Or just dry?

    DeShawn Marie said...

    Emily, You use it dry, just like you would lotion.

    Unknown said...

    Do you ever put them in small containers or tins to carry in pocket or purse? I am thinking they would be nice for small Christmas gifts for the people at the doctor's office etc.